The British and Irish Neurologists' Movement Disorders Group (BRING-MD) was established in 2008. Its aims are:
- To provide a forum for the presentation and discussion of all aspects of movement disorders, particularly clinical features, research, teaching and service provision;
- To promote and facilitate education and research regarding all aspects of movement disorders.
Membership is open to neurologists, neurosurgeons and non-clinical neuroscientists upon application to the Secretary and at no charge.
The BRING MD officers from 2008 to 2011 are:
- Chairman - Professor Carl E Clarke, University of Birmingham and Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust
- Treasurer - Dr Donald Grosset, Southern General Hospital, Glasgow
- Secretary - Dr Malcolm Steiger, Walton Neurosciences Centre, Liverpool.